Ron brings over eighteen years of experience to this New City Council, nine years as
Councillor for Scarborough and nine years
as Councillor for the City of Toronto.
"That the community's goals should be respected and considered first. It
is important that the constituents be consulted on all changes that impact on the future
of the residents."
Ron's goal is to support and implement changes that enhance the quality
of life in Ward 44.
Ron has been involved and he accomplished many important objectives during his tenure as Councillor
for Ward 44.
- Established extension to GO Transit Parking Lot / Access to Waterfront at base of Port Union Road.
- Upgrade and extension of Megan Park with three Boccee courts.
- Second phase of Bill Hancox Park at Port Union & Lawrence
- Secured funding and approvals for the Port Union Waterfront and Village Common
including the tunnel to the waterfront.
- Secured and maintained funding for the 43 Division Police Station.
- Ron was instrumental in the rebuilding of Heron Park Community Centre and the restoration
of the swimming pool and children's play park.
- Worked with Darlene Cross to assure the Crossroads Skateboard Facility was built for the
youth of our community.
- Obtained funding for the purchase and restoration of the Morrish Store in Highland Creek.
- Organized and fought for the preservation of the Rouge Valley. Brought together all the
Community Associations in Scarborough (C.O.S.C.A.) to help create Canada's Largest Urban Park.
- During his 18 year tenure not one creek system was buried in Ward 44.
- Was instrumental in securing the funds for the Bill Dempsey EcoPark located at the head waters of
the Centennial Creek in Highland Creek.
- Got funding for the Morningside Library on Lawrence Avenue at Heron Park.
- Completed second phase of Village at the bottom of Port Union Rd.
- Go Transit / Waterfront Parking extension - final surfacing and round-about at base of Port Union.
- Extend waterfront from Port Union to the mouth of the Rouge (Rouge Beach).
To be completed in next year.
- Rebuild and resurface Lawrence Ave. East from Bennet to Kingston Road.
Past committees and agencies include:
- Past chair of the Scarborough Community Council
- Toronto Regional Conservation Authority (T.R.C.A.) -Past Chair Finance Committee - (To assure funding for Waterfront Trail)
- Past Board Member of Toronto Hydro Board of Management
- Toronto Zoo Board
- C.N.E. Board of Managers
- City of Toronto Seniors Committees
- Board of Centenary Hospital for six years
- G.T.A. Committee - to look at future growth in GTA area
- Past Member of the Rouge Park Alliance
Ron his wife Heather and 3 daughters have lived in Ward 44 for the last 30 years and have enjoyed
participating in the many activities of our community.
Ron presently is a member of these Committees and Agencies:
- Scarborough Community Council
- Parks and Environment Committee
- Civic Appointments Committee